September 27, 2008

groucho, or teething

This look just about sums up Miles' mood this past week. Teething has descended upon us with full force. The drooling, gumming, fussing, fist-in-mouth, and frequent explosives in the diaper are giveaways. Not to mention that I can see both the top two and bottom two teeth moving toward the surface. Poor kid. It doesn't help that he has refused to take a pacifier since he was about 5 months old. And he doesn't seem to like the teething toys we've given him. He prefers his hands, or my hands, or my face...I hope this doesn't last too long.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Oh, I sure do hope it goes by fast for you!!! At least he's GETTING teeth! :)I think Joselyn may be toothless for the rest of her life.

gwen said...

A little Tylenol, a little Motrin, rubbing the gums with your fingers or ice, anything to help soothe the pain. Parenthood, and it just keeps going . . . . .

Mama

meghant said...

Try giving him celery too. It's nice and cold out of the fridge, but he can't bite all the way through it and choke on it. Also, I've heard that it has a natural numbing agent in it.

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety