September 28, 2008

first tooth! and other random pieces of our weekend

Miles cut his first tooth today! The one on the lower left, to be exact. We celebrated with a happy dance and lots of hugs & kisses. I think the others are on their way.
A bunch of random snippets from our weekend:
A carousel that we ran into at (yes, you caught us :: sigh) the Mall of America. It really is beautiful compared to the other junkie looking rides they have there. I can't wait until he's old enough to go for a ride.
A while back I mentioned that we had signed up for a family education class this fall. Well, apparently many other families had the same idea. We registered, but were waitlisted. So, I signed us up for a music class instead. It meets weekly for 10 weeks, and includes young kids of all ages. Our first class was tonight and we had a wonderful time. Miles is the youngest (which I think is a good thing) and you could see him studying all of the other toddlers and kids. We (and I mean the parents, too) sang, danced, played with instruments and generally just made fools of ourselves, but the kids loved it. Aside from watching intently, Miles played the bongo drums and a maraca. We received a CD of all of the songs, which we've already popped into the car for commutes to and from grandma Yasmin's house.
And, on a different note, with the cooler weather, I decided it was time to get out the slow cooker. For dinner :: veggie, beef, and wild rice stew served with warm crusty bread. Yum. Miles loved it!

2 comments:

Marissa said...

Mall of America... I wish I lived there!! And congrats to Miles for breaking his first tooth!! He's starting to look more like a toddler than a baby.

Kasey Mikelle said...

Miles' cuz, Nev sends his empathy for his current circumstances. Be tough lil' man! Also, I had to read this post twice for it to click that you're cooking!? Wow!! Bien hecho prima!!!

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety