September 23, 2008

she's crafty

Well, not really. But I'm trying to be...crafty, that is.
A couple of projects are in the works for this fall. For one of them, I will be using my favorite medium (and the only one with which I have experience) - paper. Gotta' love that textured, pulpy goodness.

And I'll be trying my hand (for the first time) at a different type of craft (thanks to a very kind co-worker) involving some cotton yarn and pointy metal sticks. Yes, I'm knittin' something for my baby boy. The pattern came from here. But I'm not telling what it is. Not just yet. I'll post a photo of the finished product, well, when it's finished. Now that I've blabbed about it here, I have to hold myself accountable for actually finishing the darn thing.

6 comments:

wesleyjeanne said...

Looks like a great start. You're further along than I am on my scarf. Of course I can only knit after, oh 10pm. IF I'm not busy blogging.

gwen said...

Yes, I grew up knitting, but never taught my daughter. My mother taught me and my sister how to knit, and I even belonged to the 4H knitting club. But, I think that I was too busy when my kids were little, working/going to school/etc. to pass on these skills to my darling daughter. Thank goodness there are others in the world to teach you, and that you are making time to spend with your baby boy. Being too busy dealing with the world, and not my babies, is the only regret I have about that time in my life.

Mom

Meredith said...

4H? I'm impressed.

That's ok that you didn't teach me how to knit, mom. You taught me so many other important things, especially through your busy dealings with the world. I soaked up a lot from having/modeling after a confident, intelligent, working mom.

Although, I'm sure David would have appreciated you passing on your cooking skills :-)

gwen said...

What cooking skills? But, thanks for the compliment.

Mom

Jen said...

Hey--thanks so much for the comment on my blog. It's good to hear from folks who have been through the same thing. And I will try for the four day week in time. I don't know how lucky I'll be but I'm going to try. Thanks so much for your advice and commiseration!

Kasey Mikelle said...

What is it about Motherhood that makes you want to create? Haven't we already created the ultimate...? The same bug got a hold of me and poor Neville has been overwhelmed with knitted hats. Now I'm just hoping it's cold in Clovis.

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety