May 16, 2008

what's bloomin'?

Today was warm, almost 80 degrees, and sunny - the perfect weather! I took a stroll through the yard and our perennial garden to check out what's growing. We're off to the farmer's market tomorrow to buy annuals for the front beds and planters.
Beautiful pansies - a mother's day gift
The man-eating rhubarb plant (I only call it that because by the end of the summer it's practically bigger than me!)

New grass that we seeded in the backyard a couple of weeks ago.

Bleeding hearts

The incredible hosta - a plant that thrives here!

I have no idea what type of tree is in our front yard, but when it flowers it is amazing. These little buds will explode into a hot pink extravaganza within the next few days. After they have bloomed, they fall off and it practically rains floating pink flowers in our front yard. It's so beautiful!

No comments:

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety