May 17, 2008

planting & potting

Sorry for yet another gardening post....but the flowers are so beautiful, I can't help myself :-) We went to the farmers market early this morning and bought three flats full of flowers for the front beds and the planters in the backyard. I have promised myself that one year, I'm going to go with native plants and wildflowers, but this wasn't the year. We went big and bright - geraniums, begonias, coleus, daisies - to complement our perennials - ferns, hostas, azalea, and lilies - already in the front beds.
This is how the two front planters turned out Some extra pots to brighten the backyard Around the neighborhood: lilacs and tulips

2 comments:

Marissa said...

How beautiful! I locve flower gardens and cant wait to do one of my own when I stop bring lazy!!!

gwen said...

Meredith, I love your flower photos--they always turn out so well. And, of course, the baby is cute too (grandma smile).

Mom

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety