May 9, 2008

picnic at lake calhoun

I requested a picnic as part of my birthday/mother's day weekend, so David, Miles, Felix and I packed up this afternoon to head outdoors for a little picnicking fun. David planned everything - from buying and preparing the food, to picking the location and packing up the car - this was his gift to me. Thankfully, the weather was wonderful. We even got a little toasty on our walk after lunch. Yes, Felix even had his own little blanket. He spent most of the time chewing sticks and staring at other dogs, wishing he was off-leash and free to sniff! We went to Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis. You can see the downtown Mpls skyline in the distance. Our picnic basket. David even packed a jar of babyfood for Miles. How sweet!

3 comments:

gwen said...

Yes, I'd say David is learning all about that "emotional capital" concept--good job, David!

gwen

Marissa said...

That's MY idea of a fun birthday!

Mason said...

I think I saw the jar of honey your minister gave you two inside that cute little picnic basket.

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety