April 21, 2008

The Gift of Knowing

This past weekend marked one year from the day I found out I was pregnant with Miles. I've been thinking a lot about that day one year ago, remembering the details of the day -even the most mundane- and the incredible and intense emotions I felt. Although the day Miles was born is, of course, momentous in its own right, it is the day of knowing that truly opened my heart to the wonders of possibility, of love, and of life.
you.are.
the scent of sweetened spices and fresh cedar
you.remind.me.of.
a farewell whispered into the ocean’s wind at the end of summer
i.have.
seen your shape move across the clear blue river waters of the andes, like light bouncing between moments of time
your.small.being.
my.unending.love.

1 comment:

gwen said...

Meredith, you are such a romantic and artistic soul--how did I ever birth you? Love and kisses to you and your wonderful nuclear family.

Mom

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety