April 27, 2008

Midtown Global Market

We went to the Minneapolis Midtown Global Market this weekend. It's been open for almost 2 years now, and I hadn't been there, so we decided to pack up and take Miles for a quick indoor global trek. He loved the sights, sounds and smells. We even stopped to watch a salsa dancing lesson taking place en masse in the common area.
The market is on Lake Street in Mpls, which is one of the most diverse areas in the Twin Cities, and has been an area of change and revitalization in the past few years.
If you look beyond the Old Dutch, there is an entire wall dedicated to Mexican candies. This place had amazing pinatas, as well.

Even the pillars have been painted to reflect the different cultures represented in the market - this one was near the vendor where we ate - Holyland - middle eastern cuisine.

Miles and I hanging out at the table while David munches on a gyro and other meaty stews.

No comments:

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety