April 16, 2008

The Songs We Sing

Miles and I went into the bedroom and laid down so that I could nurse him...and he fell fast asleep
Lullaby baby blues
Time to kick off those walkin' shoes
Hug the pillow on your bed
And lay down your sleepy head
Hush now, no need to talk
Hear the ticking of the clock
Stars that twinkle, stars that shine
Dream and you'll have wings to fly
Goodnight baby blue
Close your eyes baby blue
The moonlit sky watches over you
So close your eyes baby blue
-Keb' Mo'
Miles loves it when we sing to him. Some of our favorite songs are:
Old MacDonald Had a Farm
You are My Sunshine
Silent Night (I know it's out of season, but I love this song, and it calms him down)
BINGO (We replace "Bingo" with "Felix" in honor of our canine pal)
Carry Your Heart (Blue Dogs)
Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy) (John Lennon)
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Hush Little Baby (A revised version)
Great Big Boat (Putumayo Caribbean CD)

No comments:

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety