The longer I'm away, the more difficult it is to return here to write. So, a bulleted list will have to do as we start to emerge from winter and play catch-up:
- Miles made the transition from crib to big-boy bed last weekend. He loves it! It's like nothing even changed. He even puts his little body in the exact same spot on the bed as where his crib used to be.
- Still showing absolutely no interest in potty training. I have no clue how to get him started on this when he doesn't even want to sit on the potty with his clothes on , much less without a diaper.
- He sings. To us, to strangers, to himself. I hear him singing Happy Birthday to himself when he wakes up in the morning.
- He loves numbers and letters. He's into clocks, watches and saying what time it is. He loves to sing the ABCs.
- On our walk today, he very politely introduced himself to a neighbor, saying I'm Miles Patinez (fyi...not our last name). We're still working on pronunciation.
- He prefers playing with things that move (cars, trucks, trains, push toys, balls) to arts and crafts.
- I try desperately (with no luck) to get him to eat veggies, any veggies. I cook them so they're soft, hide them in whatever we're having, offer them with dip. No luck. This kid is all about the sweets. Fruit, yogurt, baked goods. Where did he get such a sweet tooth? Definitely not from his salt-lovin' mama.
1 comment:
He's such a cutie! And I don't blame him for veggies--it's all about sweets. Smart kid. The big boy bed is huge. And I recently polled most of my mama of boy friends and the youngest that they were able to potty train was 3. One girl had a 4 year old who still uses pull ups at night. So I think it really is harder with boys.
Post a Comment