March 6, 2010

puddle jumping, belly blooming and other matters

IMG_1824

We're enjoying a spring thaw, including the puddles from the snow melt. Miles thinks puddle jumping is just about the best activity any person could do. He just looks at me, grinning while he's jumping up and down as of to say seriously mom, who wouldn't want to splash around in freezing cold muddy water? This is great! Heavenly! Almost as good as tapioca pudding!
On a different note, it seems that the belly grows in size the second time around just a wee bit sooner than it did during the first pregnancy. My midsection seems to have a life of its own these days. Needless to say, I'm not able to fit into my regular clothes at 16 weeks. Not having any maternity clothes (I borrowed all of my clothes during my first pregnancy from a fashion savvy acquaintance), I've been having to spend some time shopping. I've been to a few consignment shops, but haven't been happy with the selection. So today I finally bit the bullet and went to Gap maternity and splurged on a couple of outfits. I hate spending that kind of money on clothes I'll be wearing for less than a year, but I don't want to (and can't - for work reasons) just resign myself to wearing yoga pants for nine months. Things seem so different this time around. I was so busy reading, planning, preparing when I was pregnant with Miles. With this pregnancy, I haven't even really had a chance to think about the details at all. And I'm ok with that.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Gap Maternity is a good place to go--they have frequent sales. I think the majority of my maternity wardrobe came from Target, Old Navy and JC Penney--much cheaper.

The 'V' Family said...

Any pics of your growing belly? When do you find out if it is a boy or girl? I am so excited for you!

gwen said...

Great photo of the rain boots!

Mom

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety