January 28, 2010

heartbeat

IMG_1754

A familiar face. A congratulations. Warm hands. The same nurse and midwife that cared for us when we had Miles. Our first prenatal visit. I heard our baby's heartbeat for the very first time this week. Is there any sound quite so sweet, so steady...so powerful? For those of you who don't know, we are expecting another baby in August. I predict an energetic little leo. We are thrilled, of course. As I near the end of the first trimester, I'm hoping for a settled stomach and a little less napping.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations! That's such great news. I'm glad everything is going well and can't wait for more updates.

meghant said...

Congrats! Wonderful news, and of course, looking forward to beautiful pictures of Miles adoring his new little sibling next fall.

The 'V' Family said...

So happy for you and your family. There is nothing more beautiful then what you are experiencing. Love you. xxoo

Angela Eldredge said...

Congratulations Meredith and David! That is great news. I am sure Miles will be a great big brother!

Marissa said...

YAY! I've been dying to comment on this post since I read it on my reader on my phone! I am so excited for you- and excited to see pictures of the little darling that will join your family. I hope this pregnancy treats you well!

wesleyjeanne said...

Wow, such wonderful news! Congratulations!

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety