January 13, 2009

trying to stay warm

Darkness persists
My body clenched and rigid,
a hard line shaped
from intention
Rings of salt stain my
pant hem and shoe
Moving briskly,
with purpose
Our heads bent together, noses touching,
to guard against the wind
It’s cold
So unbelievably cold
Thermometer reads minus 10
His face contorts
in shock as the cold air hits
I hurry toward the car
as his eyelashes freeze together
in clumps

1 comment:

Marissa said...

WOW. You amaze me. :)

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety