I'm in a serious blogging slump. So severe is this sense of bloggy hollowness that I've been considering an extended (and maybe permanent?) break from this little space of mine. I've started thinking about what I do with the very limited free time that I have. Not sure that I want to be spending it with dear computer. Fear not, sweet grandma (also my most devoted and appreciative blog reader)! I'm still undecided, so in an attempt to get back into the swing of things, I'm forcing myself to post. Sadly, no photos today, as I pretty much have zero time to photograph during daylight hours in the winter, and, well, not much has been happening around here anyway.
I did want to mention a couple of creative inspirations. One I stumbled on quite a while ago. I'm sure many people know about it since it's been around for a couple of years, but I just really love the concept of the
six-word memoirs project. I always found it much more difficult to write something with a page or word limit than to have the freedom to ramble on forever. The six-word project takes that to a whole new level - trying to sum up your life in six words or less. Give it a try!
Here's one that came to mind after a 5 minute brainstorm. It's not quite right. I think it would take more thought to come up with something that would accurately describe my life, but since my brain is a vast space of emptiness at the moment, this will have to do.
Never expected a life so ordinary.Sounds depressing doesn't it? I don't really mean it that way. I'll have to work on it.
And another creative goldmine is the 365 project. Feeling especially inspired by
Wesley's 365 project
photos. What an incredible way to motivate and encourage others to look at everyday images in a completely new way.
7 comments:
Oh dear, this is serious! You can't go on a blog break! Nope, you must keep it going - for poor little Nev's sake....Yep, he's stopped sucking on his num, thrown Roy to the side and refuses to eat until your next post....Keep the creative juices flowin' cuz! If not for tiny Nev then for future Miles....
I understand where you're coming from. The only two cents I can throw in is....don't quit for your own sake. There are no standards to hold up - you can use this blog however you like. Just take some time to look back through your archives and look at the progress you've seen and documented on Miles. If you keep the blog - you keep that documentation going....if for no one else but you!
In response to your 6 word summation of life: "The ordinary is in truth extraordinary". That is the perspective from an advanced middle aged grandmother.
NO! You can't stop! I agree with what all three people have said. Besides, it's been the only way we have our connection! I would be so sad to see you leave the blogging world. I've ditched my blogs before sometimes for MONTHS but I always come back... and regret that I didn't write about my life for those months missed. Take a break if you need to but not a permanent one!! :)
all voices form nyc say keep on blogging!
gwen...i love your message!
Wow, I feel terrible that I didn't catch this post earlier.
Thank you so much for the link, and for saying my project is inspiring.
Please don't stop blogging. Take a few days break and then keep going. You'll be glad you did!
Post a Comment