With the big event tomorrow, it hasn't been difficult to find inspiration for this week's post. I have been moved over the past couple of days just thinking about the significance of what will happen tomorrow, the inauguration of a great leader, a new start for our nation and our communities, the opportunity to cultivate a new perspective on how we see ourselves as individuals and how we view others. This is inspiring, to say the least.

And a couple other sources of inspiration this week:
- The Reggio Emilia Approach to early childhood learning. I'm a newbie at thinking about what this approach entails and how it translates into what actually happens in the classroom, but so far, I really like the general concepts: parents, children, and teachers as partners in teaching, the environment as a teacher, the importance of exploration, creativity, and learning through experience, respect for the child, learning through project work, and the importance of documenting the learning experience through different types of media (photography in particular). The daycare that Miles will be attending (although it is called a Montessori school) is really influenced more by the Reggio approach than Montessori. I'm so excited to see how Miles does in this type of environment! It looks like creative kid heaven.
- These amazing little books made by molly irwin. What a great way to keep memories. I'd love to make something like this one of these days...
From big ideas of change to the littlest of life's everyday happenings, there are so many different ways to think about how we experience our world, and so many creative people to inspire us along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment