July 3, 2009

timidly ecstatic

I did it. After almost a year of thinking about doing it, I finally did.
I bought myself a little present. Something I'm hoping to use frequently. Something that I'm hoping will help me develop a hobby I've been interested in pursuing since high school.
I bought this:
I realize that with this purchase, my new camera is already outdated (with this year's release of the new T1), but this little lovely has everything I need, and was a better buy than the updated version. Now, if only I knew how to work this thing...

5 comments:

Kasey Mikelle said...

YAY! I didn't even need to read your post to know what you got ;) I could tell from the awesome bokeh in the first shot. I'm so glad you took the plunge...and a Canon girl you are it seems? I can't wait to see all the fabulous shots you're going to get. Did you but the 50mm 1.8 lens?

Jen said...

Congrats! A fun present for yourself--especially one that will last for years and help you cultivate a hobby is always a good good thing. Looking forward to seeing more photos.

gwen said...

It's so cute to read you girls' blogging comments, and now that you have more photography to indulge in, we will see even more of those cute boys. Hooray!

wesleyjeanne said...

I think it'll be perfect--even if suddenly outdated. I bought the Nikon D80 right before they discontinued it in favor of the D90. I have not regretted the purchase. I bet you won't either. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Marissa said...

That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fun!!! You're gonna LOVE your new camera! And you already have such talent to begin with!

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety