June 27, 2009

new & improved

Miles underwent minor surgery yesterday. The ear tubes are in! He did unbelievably well. Really, truly, I was so proud of our little guy for his patience while we waited, for how well he handled the anesthesia, and how quickly he recovered. We arrived at the hospital at 6 am and were home with a happy, talkative (yet tired) boy by 10 am. After a 3 hour afternoon nap, he semed to have made a full recovery, so we finished the day with a visit to nana's house and a trip to DQ. Hopefully we've seen the last of the chronic ear infections.

4 comments:

meghant said...

I've been wondering when the surgery was going to happen. I'm so glad to hear it went well and that he's doing okay. I hope he stays ear infection free for a long, long time.

Jen said...

Oh wow! I'm so glad everything went well and like Meghan said, I hope he's ear infection free for a very very long time. What a brave little guy!

Marissa said...

What a relief for you (and the rest of us!) that everything went well! Glad he's back to normal- plus some!

The 'V' Family said...

Congrats! So brave! Cant wait to see you too! xoxo

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety