We went to the Dragonboat Festival - an Asian American celebration - today at Lake Phalen. We saw the dragonboat teams warming up for the boat races tomorrow. It was a beautiful day to be near the lake.I should probably mention that we went to the festival today mostly because of David - our very own diversity champion. He is co-chair of a diversity group at his office. (These groups seem to be popping up everywhere in big companies.) Anyway, he often has an interest in attending different cultural events in the metro, for both personal and professional reasons. This is why he/we have gone to gatherings like Cinco de Mayo and the Twin Cities Pride Celebration, in addition to several others, throughout the past few years. I think it's great that he participates in these (he usually volunteers on behalf of his company), although I must admit, I'm not nearly as enthusiastic as he is about attending these things year after year. BUT, the weather today was incredible, and I'd never seen a dragonboat before - so there it is - reason enough to go.

Posing in front of the head of the dragonboat (above)
This is what the boats look like in the water (below)

No comments:
Post a Comment