{cousins, April 2010}
The past few weeks have been difficult. All of us have been sick, a little cranky, and I think Miles has officially entered into"terrible two" territory. It's actually quite profound how things have shifted in terms of his behavior. I know it's all very normal, but we're really having to start thinking about how to address parenting basics like discipline, setting boundaries, and being consistent. It's so much more challenging than I thought it would be, and he's only two! Anyway, I'm still processing what all this change means for us and how we're going to handle the phase Miles is in right now. I'm hoping I'll be able to blog about it at some point, but right now, it's all a little too fresh. After a particularly bad night that entailed cleaning up broken dishes and thrown food (what is it with our little guy and throwing things?!) and then later finding ketchup splatter on our poor dog (I can only guess how that happened) I'd rather think about something more positive, something that reminds me of how sweet and funny Miles can be. So, courtesy of our bathtime chat this evening, here is Miles' list of things he would like to do this summer (in his own words, of course):
- eat ice cream
- play
- play with balls
- play with my toys and dump trucks
- eat my own ice cream outside in the summertime (he listed the ice cream activity several times)
- play with my (push) cars outside
Sounds like a nice summer to me. I'd like to add a few things to the list:
- Visit the MN Landscape Arboretum
- Enjoy our week-long beach vacation here
- Pack a picnic lunch and visit local parks at least five times this summer
- Throw an outdoor party at our house
- Swimming lessons for Miles
- Grill out more
1 comment:
It's funny you write this. I was just looking at a local parent's board and a bunch of moms are talking about "What happened to my son?" in regards to the terrible twos. Seems like a normal transition but no fun to deal with.
Post a Comment