October 2, 2009

autumn list

IMG_1017

IMG_1021

IMG_1028

IMG_1024

:: autumn is here. days are chilly and nights are cold.

:: the squirrels have picked over all of the acorns, leaving nothing but the hundreds of shells that litter our yard.

:: why are some acorns pink?

:: miles is an acorn collector.

:: miles likes to "write" in the dirt with a stick.

:: he even tries to spell out his name in the dirt, saying "m-i-l-e-s" as he scratches a handful of lines and scribbles on the ground.

:: currently, his favorite song is "happy birthday".

:: we made the mistake of buying an elmo DVD, thinking that Miles wouldn't be that interested in it, but that if he was, we could easily limit the amount of time that he spends in front of the t.v. He asks to watch it at least 10 times a day. I'm going to hide it so that I don't ever have to see it again.

1 comment:

Tati said...

What a fantastic photographer you are! I love the pictures! I saw you commented at Latin Baby Book Club and I have a blog with giveaways to teach children Spanish. I just wanted to spread the word :)

www.wannajugarwithmigo.blogspot.com

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety