The goal of being a parent : to raise a happy, healthy child who becomes a kind, competent and independent adult - an adult who no longer needs you for every little thing. Successful parenting is measured in so many ways and the definition differs across families, cultures, value systems. For me personally, I know that one day I will be so proud to know the person my son has become, as an adult, as a person who no longer needs his mama in quite the same way as he did when he was a babe. If I do this parenting thing right, I will have worked myself right out of a job.
I look around our house and find evidence of a little boy growing bigger and more independent every day.

Miles is a fairly neat and tidy kind of kid. So when we introduced these "big boy" plates with partitions (never mind the animals and bright colors), he expressed his overwhelming approval.

And, of course, the potty chair. We brought this home last week hoping that he'll at least familiarize himself with it and get used to it being in the bathroom. We're not hoping for any work in this area anytime soon, we just wanted it to make its appearance. So it has. And Miles seems to enjoy using it as a hiding spot for his toys. Hmmm.

And the major milestone these days is that Miles has started going to his new child care center. More on that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment