Today, I am mindful of ordinary, everyday thoughts.
I am thankful for the time that I have away from work to spend with Miles. I realize how important this has been over the past year, and grateful for this time we've had together. All this, as I anticipate my return to a full time work schedule in January.
I am amazed at the changes I see in my little boy from day-to-day. How he is expressing himself, learning new words and new skills. How he can be so serious one moment and overcome with silliness the next. How he takes in the world around him. How he has anchored our little family.
I am relieved after meeting with Miles' doctor yesterday for his one year visit. I am grateful for having found a health care provider who encourages David and I to be partners in Miles' health care and takes the time to answer my usual long list of questions. He's over the ear infection, is very healthy, and has successfully charmed the doctor to no end. Our tall(ish) and very skinny boy now weighs in at just under 20 lbs (6th percentile - yes, that is a 6, as in one less than 7) and is 30 inches long (59th percentile). We discussed his movement and have decided to wait and see how things go between now and his next visit. Although he's making progress, the doctor says he does have a delay in gross motor skills and that she'd be happy to refer him for some physical therapy. However, she's not convinced that he needs this just yet. So we'll wait.
I am relieved after meeting with Miles' doctor yesterday for his one year visit. I am grateful for having found a health care provider who encourages David and I to be partners in Miles' health care and takes the time to answer my usual long list of questions. He's over the ear infection, is very healthy, and has successfully charmed the doctor to no end. Our tall(ish) and very skinny boy now weighs in at just under 20 lbs (6th percentile - yes, that is a 6, as in one less than 7) and is 30 inches long (59th percentile). We discussed his movement and have decided to wait and see how things go between now and his next visit. Although he's making progress, the doctor says he does have a delay in gross motor skills and that she'd be happy to refer him for some physical therapy. However, she's not convinced that he needs this just yet. So we'll wait. 
4 comments:
He's so cute. :)
And such a good entry and a reminder to focus on how all of the "little" things are what make us so happy. Miles looks so happy and healthy.
(Too many typos in the post above.) Anyway . . .
Beautiful photos and sentiments, my dear daughter. Thank you so much.
Mom
Great pictures...great thoughts. Glad he's healthy and that you're enjoying your time with him. I hope he has a wonderful holiday season with Mommy and Daddy.
Post a Comment