December 5, 2008

a cold winter's day

Miles and I stayed close to home today. With him still in the process of getting over his ear infection, and with outside temperatures in the 20s (in the 10s with windchill), other than running a couple of errands, we had a low-key day at the casa.

Our weekend plans include chopping down and lugging home our christmas tree , as well as some holiday decorating around the house. I was feeling quite christmas-y today, so I decided to get a jump start on decorating. I made paper garland to decorate a few bare spots in the house, hung up some of our existing decorations, all while listening to the newest addition to our holiday music collection. And for dinner...something warm and comforting...a spinach and cheese quiche. Yum. With Miles already in bed, I'm off now (mug of hot cocoa in hand) to join my sweet husband and dog, who are already curled up, sleeping soundly on the couch. I could go for a christmas movie right about now.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

OH! I have been DYING to download that album on iTunes! Isn't it the greatest Christmas album ever?? I love your Garland and the star... I bet your house is so cute and Christmas-y!!

meghant said...

Sounds wonderful. Next will you come to my house and decorate and cook?

wesleyjeanne said...

We made paper garlands, too, with some Martha Stewart scrapbooking paper.

Despite the sick babyness, it sounds like a noce...peaceful evening.

You really so need It's a Wionderful Life, though to top it off.

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety