November 1, 2008

happy halloween

Happy Halloween!
We planned a day of carving pumpkins and handing out yummies to trick-or-treaters. I'm not a huge halloween fan and since Miles is so young, I didn't plan on dressing him up in costume. At the last minute, David walked upstairs with his Elvis wig and jiu-jitsu garb declaring that as his halloween costume. Halloween costume? I didn't know we were dressing up! He offered me a sombrero and I put on a long-forgotten dress that my grandmother had purchased in Mexico...and, well, I guess I sort of had a costume to shuffle around in. Although, I think I might be bending gender roles by wearing the dress and sombrero at the same time.
Miles is practicing his jiu-jitsu submission moves on the padre. After living in our neighborhood for over 3 years now, we know what to expect from our trick-or-treaters. We had the canned food ready for those seeking food for charities and the change collection at-hand for UNICEF donations. Sure enough, we gave most of our donations away to the first visitor at our door. I love the idea of giving more than just candy for Halloween!

2 comments:

Marissa said...

That IS a great idea! What a fun way to spend Halloween! (I've never been a huge fan either but maybe I'll get into it later on in life when my kids do... and I PRAYED that Joselyn wouldn't be born on Halloween!)

gwen said...

I think David needs to be buried wearing his Elvis wig. I know you all don't think about things like that, but at my age, hey, it comes natural.

Mom

About Me

Stubborn, opinionated, academic girl meets athletic, charming, Puerto Rican boy while studying abroad in Santiago de Chile. Falling in love in a foreign country ensues. Travel, study, marry, settle, make a baby. Enter Miles Gabriel. Life with a toddler keeps us busy. We decide to add more chaos to the mix. Another baby is born. Enter Lydia Wynne. Lucky acorns. I have two and I keep them close to my heart. How about you?

FELIX

FELIX
Our other "baby" of the canine variety