
I am a planner. Anyone who knows me can confirm this. In my opinion, planning is half (or more) of the fun. Weird, I know, but true. So, I'm sure it comes as no surprise to my family and friends that with over a month until Miles' 1st birthday, I've already started the invitations, decided on simple decorations (key word being
simple), and have thought about a few things I can do to make this a
meaningful celebration for Miles and those who love him. I hope to share our memories of Miles' first year with family and friends, as well as provide some crafty projects for the kids to do. I know this party is more for

David and I than it is for Miles, but I'd like to start some traditions with this milestone. Things we can do each year for Miles' birthday that will let him know that he is loved and blessed. One of the ways I hope to do this is by making him something each year - a gift, a letter, a photobook. Something crafted by our hands, just for him. This year, I learned a new skill, just so that I could create and share something tangible with my boy on his big day. A baby bib - knit with lots of love (and several imperfections). What does
your family do to make birthday celebrations meaningful? What traditions do you have?
4 comments:
You are wayyy too creative for me. I felt happy just to have done a party for the kids. I love the bib you made. I learned to knit but I never learned the purl (sp?) stitch and all I ever managed was scarves. You're already Way ahead of me! I'm so impressed!
I'm not one bit surprised by your approach to Miles' Birthday - but, very impressed. I love the bib and can't wait to see it smeared with birthday cake. Don't you love having an Autumn born babe?
Isn't planning a birthday party fun? I spend all day in front of the computer looking for ideas. I will start on the invitations this week. I am SO SO excited to see Miles' party put together! I love the bib too!! You are so creative!
What a lucky little boy to have such doting parents! The invitations are beautiful, and the bib is very cute and not too shabby as your first knitted item.
Mom
Post a Comment